Saturday 28 September 2013

Tower of London and the Palace

We had not been able to use the wi-fi at our unit until today so I'm behind two days.
Yesterday we went on an open-top double-decker bus on Big Bus Tours around London. We saw Big Ben, the London Eye and we got off at the Tower of London! It was great!!! We saw the Crown Jewels, the torture chamber (with the Rack!) and the White Tower and there was also a tower called the Bloody Tower. We saw all the kings' armoury and even Henry VIII's suit of armour before he got too fat.
We got on the Big Bus Tour again and went to The Thames where we got on a tour boat. There was a funny man on the microphone telling jokes (one of the jokes was "Where was the Bloody Tower? Behind some bloody trees. What a bloody nuisance.'') Then we got on the Big Bus Tour again back to Victoria station and walked home.

The Rack at the torture chamber in the Tower  of
London.





















Today, Saturday we walked down to Buckingham Palace. There was SO many people outside the palace!!! We saw the big statue of Queen Victoria in front of the palace. It had lots of gold on top. We went nearby to St James Park and I fed some ducks bread Mum had brought with us. We saw where Prince Charles lives and caught an Underground train from Green Park station to Bond Street to change trains to go to Queensway station. We walked over to Kensington Park where I played in the Princess Diana Memorial Childrens Garden. It was great! A climbed on a pirate's ship and was having lots of fun until I fell down and hurt my right knee. We also saw Princess Diana's old palace where Prince William and baby George are going to live. We did lots of walking today in London parks.
The weather was good but looked like it was going to rain but didn't.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Riley, you certainly are getting around !! Did you put your Mum on the rack?? I'd say it was custom made for her.. You could fix her dodgy back !!! If you go to Marble arch area you should be able to find a plaque on the site of the Tyburn tree.. For centuries on that spot they hung thousands of people from an old oak tree !!!

    It sounds and looks like you are having a great time... Have you had a pork pie yet ??? Nice with pickles !!! I'm so glad your not getting lost and you are enjoying London.. The underground is a great way of getting about isn't it?? It certainly saves the feet from wearing out !!!

    Now go back to the tower and put Mummy on that rack!!!
    Love Toss xxxoooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty. Dont be mean to mum. We had kippers for dinner tonight. Dad loved them. They were kind of nice but had too many bones. I would rather eat trout or salmon. No one here wants to try pork pies. Tomorrow, mum and I have a twenty pound bet on who can get out of the Hampton Court maze first. I'll tell you who won tomorrow (ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Riley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twenty Quid !! With money like invovled that it would be best to cheat. Take some secatures with you !!!
    Your loving godfather
    Toss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he did cheat! I had honed my navigational skills in Oxford and Bath so could not understand how I was last out of the maze! When I found my way out, I looked around and there was a big group and I thought I'd won. But then I heard a voice "Hi Mum, what took you so long?''
      Jo X

      Delete