Tuesday 1 October 2013

Last full day in London

Very sad our last day in London. First we got the Underground to Oxford Circus on the Victoria Line to go to Hamleys on Regent's Street. It is the BEST toy shop in the world!!!! It has seven floors (LG, G, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5) of all the best toys. And a cafe with the best cakes!!! I bought a Flying Saucer and a Mystery UFO from the pounds I have left from my birthday money.
At Hamleys they have the Queen (and a corgi) and Prince William and Kate made completely out of Lego.
After that we went to Green Park on the Underground and Mum went on her own on the Picadilly Line to Knightsbridge to go to Harrods and Dad and I went on the Jubilee Line to Westminster to the Winston Churchill War Rooms. It was great and old. I saw that women had to work at his bunker as well. It has Churchill's bedroom and a kitchen too. It had a special material to keep it safe from bombs. Then Dad and I went on the Underground to South Kensington on the District Line to the London Museum of Natural History. We saw dinosaur bones and big birds as well.
Then we met Mum outside the Museum (she didn't get lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and went back to Victoria Station and our unit. We had dinner at the Churchill Dining Room at St George Tavern near where we are staying.
Tomorrow we'll get on a Silver Shuttle cab to the airport.

 



5 comments:

  1. Alas godson!! All things have an end.. It has been an excelant holiday all round I'd say.. You have been to so many places and seen so many exciting things. No doubt you have met many nice people along the way !!! Just think of the stories you can tell your friends !! I look forward to catching up real soon to hear all about your travels and exactly how many times your parents really got lost !!! I will help Dad drink the duty Free !!!

    I know Nanna misses you and I know Rex will be beside himself with happiness when he sees you again !!! Make sure your parents get to the airport and through security alright.. You know what they are like !! Have a good trip home and try to do a little bit more bogging before you touch down in Brisbane !

    Love Toss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I know what they can be like. I'll keep a watch on them. For a track record, dad left his duty free on the first plane, mum lost her glasses and they got lost all the time.
      Love Riley

      Delete
  2. It was at THE BEST TOY SHOP IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The cupcakes were at the cafe inside on level 5.
    Love Riley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Riles,

    What a great idea your travel blog has been, I have looked forward to reading it everyday. I sent you a message when you first arrived in London, but I think it is travelling in cyberspace somewhere as I goofed up when I sent it, then I got cranky (no pun intended...Mum will explain!!) with it and didn't try again until now when Mart showed me what I had been doing wrong the whole time....silly Jen!!

    It sounds like you have had a wonderful time and that Mum and Dad didn't cause you TOOOOOO much grief...haha!!
    Have a safe flight home honey and I will see you at the airport to give you all a huge hug and a big sloppy kiss!!!

    Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best toyshop in the world.. Well I'm glad the Poms have done something right !!! After the first bum numbing leg of your journey you will have a fuel stop at KL again I would think.. If you have time and it is available get yourself a curry or a big bowl of noodles... The Malaysians make nice curry.. Not as good as Nanna's but not a bad effort.. And Riley old chap they make some lovely noodles.. I love noodles..

    Maybe once you are home we should all go out for noodles.. I reckon it would be great fun watching your Mum eat noodles !!!!

    I hope they have some good movies on the plane for you to pass the time... Bon Voyage little mate.. See you soon.
    Love Toss

    ReplyDelete